Grant applications reviewed at November 7th meeting. Notice will be given by Thursday morning, November 8th. Checks will be delivered to schools by Friday, November 9th.
Excited to announce the opening of the 2018 mini-grant!
The Bonneville Education Foundation is pleased to announce the opening of the 2018 Teacher Mini-Grant cycle! This grant seeks to provide teachers with the money and resources they need to be able to implement their plans. In addition, if other funding sources are better suited to your needs, the foundation will give you the time you need to redirect your efforts toward a different grant cycle, like the INL STEM grant.
Application Form: Closes October 23, 2018
Required information to complete the application:
- Name of applicant (and fellow applicants--teams can (and are encouraged) submit on one application now)
- School/D93 Department
- Documentation of anticipated costs must be uploaded and attached to the application. Email yourself a picture from your phone, copy and paste an estimate from a webpage into a word document. Any file type can be used.
- We also encourage (but not required) printing a PDF of your IPLP or SLO of your team, and including that in your documentation attachments, demonstrating how your grant supports your plans.
- Approval from the building principal.
- Estimate of the number of students who will benefit from the grant (preference is given to larger student impact).
- Information regarding other funds raised (other grants, donations, or budget allocations).
- Special 2018 Consideration: New Teacher Classroom Grants! $4,000 is dedicated to New Teachers in Mentoring. Approximately 20 new-teacher classroom grants will be offered. Conditions require mentor endorsement and statement that on the application at this is for a new teacher. Feel free to upload a picture of mentor and mentee as evidence of mentor support.
How can we improve the likelihood of being awarded a grant?
The foundation more favorably considers:
- Requests that will have the longest impact on the largest group of students: improvements, sturdy equipment, shared resources (within a building, or a team, or the district).
- Due to the above criteria, consumables, annual software licenses, and field trips will not be considered. However, if you would like to start a donation-driven campaign for any of these projects, please talk with your school liaison for support that is not limited by the BEF Mini-Grant.
- Team requests (but not required)
- Requests around $500 (requests above $500 have been approved)
- Requests whose applicants have made an effort to gather other funds (but not required)
- After your initial application, your principal will be asked to approve your request through Laserfiche form by email. That approval is required by October 23rd in order to be considered at the November 7, 2018 meeting.
- If you are a grant recipient, you and your principal will be notified by email after the November BEF meeting.
- Please plan on sharing a picture of the implementation of your grant award with the foundation board. We LOVE this feedback!